Anthony’s Maple Glazed Carrots
Here’s a delicious recipe for Maple Glazed Carrots, using carrots from Featherstone Fruits & Vegetables and locally churned Hope Creamery butter.
3 large carrots
Pinch of salt
1 Tbsp. butter
1/4 c. water
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Peel and cut carrots into coins or chunks.
- Add carrots, salt, and water to a small saucepan.
- Cover and boil for 10 minutes or until the carrots are almost done.
- HOT TIP! Add a little more water if the pan dries out, but not too much. The secret to a good glaze is letting the cooking water reduce so you don’t have to throw any out.
- Remove the lid and let the cooking liquid reduce. When the pan is almost dry, add the vinegar and maple syrup and let it reduce for a minute.
- Add the butter and swirl around to coat the carrots.